Monday, October 18, 2010

Engaged - Boyke and Ike

We are so happy for our friends Ike and Boyke for their engagement!  Boyke and Ike are so cute together that even their names rhyme! They had a traditional Indonesian engagement session and will be followed by a traditional wedding next month. Traditional weddings are always nice to feature since it is full of pretty little details! I would imagine it to be a wedding photographer's dream come true to shoot all those details.
Their engagement session is shot by The Photograph and we think they did a great job in capturing the essence of the day - happiness between two families!

Don't you just love Ike's kebaya? Beautiful! 


Here's a little story from our friend, the bride-to-be about her engagement:
Boyke and I met at work 2 years ago, but we did not started dating until early this year when he finally contacted me and asked me out. We officially started dating in April 2010 and 2 months later, he asked me to marry him!
The engagement party was held at my house in September. It was a private engagement session with only our families attending. Boyke's family came to my house to officially ask my Dad's permission for my hand in marriage. It is tradition in Indonesia for the groom-to-be to bring some "seserahan" as a symbol and we also exchanged rings.
Our solemnization (Akad Nikah) is in November but our reception will be held early next year. And to honor both traditions of our family, we will be using a Palembang tradition for our Akad Nikah, and Javanese tradition for our reception. 
We chose The Photograph to document our engagement because a friend recommended them to us. And after meeting them at a wedding expo, we found that they are so very cooperative, professional and nice! I am really really satisfied with the results on my engagement day and cannot wait for them to document our Akad Nikah and reception!  

Congratulations Ike and Boyke!
Be sure to check out The Photograph's website and facebook page for more of their lovely work!

No comments:

Post a Comment