Sunday, January 17, 2010

Meet Jenna Lyons

When you think of the word “style”, who is the first person that comes through your mind? Could be your mother, sister, a person at work-whom-you-secretly-admire-and-hope-that-you-have-the-same-sense-of-style-and-budget..ouch!

Well, in my case..meet Jenna Lyons (well, another one is Olivia Palermo, but I’ll save her for another blog entry). She’s currently the Senior Vice President of women’s design at JCrew. The person JCrew must thank for revolving the brand into one of the top of retail-to-go amidst the 2008-present economic crisis. What is so special about her and what is so special about JCrew that we must even dedicate an entry for her and the brand (not to mention the First Lady herself is avid follower)? Read on…


Graduated from Parsons in 1990, Jenna has the capability and impeccable style that translate a trend to stack of clothes and accessories that is elegant, stylish, and approachable! When I enter another synonymous American clothing giant, I always feel indifference. Like there is nothing new to it. Khakis, whites, colors, yada yada yada. On the other hand, when you enter JCrew, it’s like finding a clothing heaven. I can never understand how a shirt top can excite me so much, not to mention the shoes, the necklace, the dresses, and oh..they have bridal section too!!
JCrew is driving me wild with its ruffles top, delicate beading and ribbons, funky patterns, chunky necklaces, bracelets, rings, and oh-so-cute shoes, I can seriously go wild at JCrew!

Jenna does not only build a cult over her clothing style, but also her interior style as well. Her Brooklyn townhouse has been featured in Domino (RIP) and Living Etc (British and Jakarta version). Her quote on how she managed to turn their Brooklyn house into their dream house: “My trick has been to approach each area like putting together an outfit. You might start with an old pair of jeans, a cashmere cardigan, or a floral belt, and work around that central fashion statement."´Now that’s what I called my fashion guru!

Click here for Huffington Post cover on Jenna:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rachel-strugatz/j-crews-jenna-lyons-see-w_b_227158.html

Now..if only I can nudge someone to bring JCrew to Jakarta…

Jenna, le monde vous remercie!

No comments:

Post a Comment